Plants for soggy area

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm looking for flowers or a colorful plant for a soggy area. Gets full sun, but holds rainwater. I'm not sure if this was meant to be a planter, but there are no drain holes. Not sure what else to do with it. It holds water and becomes stagnant, so I need to do something to stop that. I'm hoping maybe there is a plant I could put here to help out. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Maybe use as a birdbath? If you really want to put plants in it , put a layer of pea gravel and consider a bog plant, yellow water iris, water cress or celery.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
totally mis-understood your question. your talking about a plant to go inside that thing at the end of the gutter? that is not for a plant, nor ever will be. did you put it there? was there instructions, or did you get it with the house you rent or just bought? It might be clogged at the bottom come to think about it. Never saw one before. Perhaps should chuck it and get a real rain barrel with a netting on top and a faucet near the bottom to get the rain out for plants. I just took your question literally at the title, something I do often.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It was here when we bought it. There is a faucet at the bottom and overflow vent at the top. This"lid" is factory made and I'm positive is how it came. No clogs, the bottom of the bowl is solid. I can't figure out what it would have been for.

I don't really use the battery, but can't bring myself to get rid of it either. Keep telling myself in going to use it, just like all the other things on my to do list!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Water lily pond with frogs - problem solved. A plastic round bowl as the pond. No need to dig or hide. I have a round black plastic round tub freegled from a lovely couple who wanted to clear their farm for new tenants. Freegle for it! All the best.

Ask a Question