Plants beside a pool not invasive

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I do have a couple of questions : 1. Can I plant viburnum odorstissimum beside a pool? 2. If the previous answers it's a yes , how far should a planted from the pool edge 3. Also how big should be the garden beds? 4. Do they litter lots of leaves? 5. And last , it's the root system invasive ? Would this be a problem with the pipes and pool stuff? it's there a better option plant to create privacy , grows up to 3 meters , evergreen foliage, not invasive root system and not so much litter mess around the pool? Thank you for the help, this decision is giving me a headache lol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Sadiejju No, I wouldn`t plant this one by the pool. It will make a mess with leaves and berries. If you want some privacy, I would look for 'Griselinia littoralis' which is evergreen, so it won`t lose it`s leaves. It would need to be at least 6 feet away from the edge of the pool - or maybe even a bit more. The plant grows big, but is easy to clip with a pair of shears to keep it in shape. Don`t plant anything near the pipework, unless you put plants in large pots - that way nothing will interfere with the plumbing.
Where are you in Oz? Most of my family is in Queensland or Tasmania :)

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks Tetters
I'm at the gold coast , I think the pot advice will be the more wise coz there r a lot of pipes nearby , this search has been more stressful and hard that I anticipated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter is in Alexandra Hills... they had to move some big plants around their pool:cool: Make the pot as big as you can get, water it frequently at the roots, and give it some slow release fertiliser - the best one is Osmocote if you can get it.
Let us know how you get on ok (y)

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks so much for the advice, I'm kind of a amateur in the garden department and I don't want to kill them , yes I've seen the osmocote brand in Bunnings ,I'll buy it

Ask a Question