Planting Fall Peas

Reaction score
We are leaving on a brief vacation this week and I might not be around here much. Will miss everybody :( but today I am going to plant some peas in large pots and leave them in my hoop house. I know, I know, I should have done this sooner but stuff happens you know. Anyway, they should have a good start and produce peas when it gets cold but they won't freeze for a long time. If we have a mild winter and I protect them a little, I might start more later you never know. ;)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My late sowing are about 2 inches tall now, got them in a brick cold frame :)

Reaction score
Carolyn i hope you have yourself a blast on your vacation; what type of peas will you be planting...gungo peas is great for having in your rice at Christmas time...you could give that a try.

Reaction score
Good luck with your peas! I think we will have a very mild winter over here as well, but I'd not dare to grow anything right now! I tried last year and a few of my plants died, hopefully you will be more lucky.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Enjoy your vacation to the max!
We will be planting English peas (as opposed to black-eyed or cow peas) at the end of this month. The fall crop is "iffy" and depends on rainfall and temperatures, but if we don't plant, we certainly won't get any peas!

Ask a Question