Planted my indoor herb garden

Reaction score
I bought an indoor herb garden kit from Dollar General for $6. It has the seeds for basil, parsley, thyme, cilantro, sage and oregano. All of the seeds are mixed together. I put it together and it seemed pretty simple, so I'm just hoping that it will grow! Has anyone ever bought one of these kits?

Reaction score
I've not bought an herb kit, but I did buy a carnivorous plant kit for my kids' homeschool some years ago. It grew great.

My experience with growing plants, both inside and out, is to jump in and do it. The worst thing that can happen is that you learn a new way (or plant) not to grow.

Please add to this thread as your experience continues. I would love to know how your plants are coming along, and what you have discovered along the way.

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. I am hoping that it will work out nicely. I like idiot-proof, and this particular set seems to be so. I will post pictures as they (hopefully) start growing! :)

Reaction score
Ha, congratulations! I still remember the excitement from early grade school when we all grew our own plant inside of one pint milk container (with the top cut off).

I was so excited to see the little stem uncurl its way out from under the soil. Every day I couldn't wait to get back to school to see if my plant grown a little.

Reaction score
I haven't bought one of the kits, but I did visit a local greenhouse a couple of weeks ago and bought an assortment of herbs. I have cilantro, sage, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley and chives (these I dug up from my garden) in a planter on my deck. Nice and close to the kitchen. :)

Reaction score
Herbs are so easy to grow that I have no doubt you'll have great results. The kit seems a lot easier than buying them individually like I did, so I'll look out for that when I expand my current herb garden! I can never get enough basil and chives.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well that is certainly exciting for you. I remember when I first started having fresh herbs on hand, and really everything else just fell into place. I was cooking more, eating better and just feeling better. It takes time though, and I actually have really gotten away from it a little bit, mostly because we got lucky with good neighbors though. Best of luck to you, and thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question