Plant ties from discarded undies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
Sometimes some plants needs to be supported by strings or tapes. For this I have discovered a nice soft way of using discarded underwear [pictured here are of wife's]. The knit material is soft and will have a suitable elasticity. Cut up the 'good parts' of the garment in 1" strips [horizontally] and use them for tying. The softness will not hurt the tender plants. Pictured below is how I have used it to my tomato plant. This can be a good, colourful way of recycling unwanted material.
P1050532.JPG
P1050537.JPG
P1050555.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Why not, recycling rather than buying anything new? Resourceful and responsible - good for your brain and for the environment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Not sure what to say, not even sure on what emoji to go with. I think I'm a little more traditional, but appreciate the creativity.

Might not help me keep my mind on my matters while gardening, probably cause my mind to wander :p.

Ask a Question