Plant suggestions for a dark shower room?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
Am new.
We have lots of plants in our flat, most of whom are very happy (or I am dealing with their issues)
However... my shower room is essentially a cupboard. It is windowless and small and very dark.

Will any houseplants survive in there? I have read things about ferns and bromeliads and zz plants surviving in artifical light... but is this just the spin of some conpany trying to sell me plants?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya @SkyChild and welcome to the forum :). If that was my shower room I would use a plastic plant. Practically all real plants like some light, and it seems wrong to make a living plant miserable
1588532091307.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zz plants can survive almost any conditions, and calladiums work pretty well in dark conditions. It was recommended to me when I bought mine to place it in my bathroom regardless of the lack of windows. Some ferns can survive in low light, but you have to look at the needs of the specific type. I would recommend zz plants, they’re great for that type of environment, and are almost impossible to kill.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zz plant makes an perfect plant for a windowless office or bathroom where it will only receive small amounts of fluorescent light. Keep the light on for 8 to 12 hours a day or night for the best results. Your ZZ will love living in your bathroom with an artificial photoperiod.

Ask a Question