Plant propogation. Please help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi fellow gardeners
I’m trying to propagate plants in my makeshit greenhouse ( clear plastic tote with holes ). All cuttings rooted, however when I transplanted them in pots and moved them out in shade some died and some got wilted leaves. I misted them with water 2 to 3 times a day. I’m wondering why some are dying and what m i doing wrong ? They all had good roots and perky new leaves inside the greenhouse. Attaching a few pictures.
Please share your expertise and experience.
Thank you

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums @Ladybug08 .
Your cuttings had a bit of a shock when you moved them from a very sheltered environment a bit too quickly. They need to get used to the big outside more slowly...... you need a bigger 'warm place' so they can be mollycoddled still overnight and in draughty weather.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums @Ladybug08 .
Your cuttings had a bit of a shock when you moved them from a very sheltered environment a bit too quickly. They need to get used to the big outside more slowly...... you need a bigger 'warm place' so they can be mollycoddled still overnight and in draughty weather.
Thank you.
That makes sense. I did keep them in shade but i guess thats not enough in july Texas heat.

Ask a Question