Plant id question

Reaction score
My friend found this growing on his property in Florida. It was growing on an old trellis so it may be a flowering plant. Unfortunately I can't get over to his place to see the whole plant but he sent me this picture. Does anyone have any idea what this might be. He hasn't seen any blooms on it before but he just discovered it a couple of weeks ago. This twig is about 3 inches long. Any ideas?

3 inch twig.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, Tmann! That looks pretty close. I will pass that on to my friend. If it is Rose of Sharon, that would explain why they were growing it on a trellis - the blooms I have seen while researching ROS are beautiful!

Reaction score
My friend found this growing on his property in Florida. It was growing on an old trellis so it may be a flowering plant. Unfortunately I can't get over to his place to see the whole plant but he sent me this picture. Does anyone have any idea what this might be. He hasn't seen any blooms on it before but he just discovered it a couple of weeks ago. This twig is about 3 inches long. Any ideas?

View attachment 323

Just came across your old post here. I would have guessed grape leaves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a leaf of American Trumpet-creeper (Campsis radicans), in the Trumpet Vine Family (Bignoniaceae), native to the central and eastern United States. There is also one other species in this genus: Campsis grandiflora, native to eastern China.

Ask a Question