Plant and Flower Shows

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
In our country, plant and flower shows are very popular. I love attending these shows. There would be floral arrangements done by participants and these arrangements would be graded and judged. Those who are graded highly for their arrangements would be given prizes for their contribution. There would be first, second and third prizes. At these shows, there are also different plants on display and some of these plants would also be for sale.

Do you have plant and flower shows in your country, and do you attend any of these shows? Also, have you ever tried doing a flower arrangement yourself?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yes, we have the main one here in Philly. Went many years ago. For me it did not serve me any additional information. Its also too crowded, hate crowds. I would rather meander through a good garden and see unique plants like that that can be planted in my yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At the farmer market near where I live, they hold annual flowers plants show, but like you I hate the crowd and the traffic. I went once and nearly got run over by the rush of careless people who wanted to be first in the door. I never go back as I don't need the agitation!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I attended a flower show when I was a kid. It was a wonderful experience! I loved every minute of it:) There were so many flowers there and they looked beautiful.
Unfortunately, we don't have flower shows in my city:(

Ask a Question