Planning for 2020

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Not much done in the garden today but a bit of planning for 2020.

We've already dumped the four "tree roses" we bought from T & M three years ago, they did OK but we weren't overly impressed, so that's freed up four ceramic pots.
There's another rose on the patio which is a bit out of favour, so that may be dumped or might get a reprieve, but in which case it will come out of a ceramic pot into a plastic one and be relegated to a place along the drive next to the fence, with the others.

I sent off for a David Austin catalogue weeks ago and now I've "forced" my wife to finally make a choice.

So we've ordered new roses for the five available ceramic pots. This will bring up those in ceramic pots on the two patios to a total of 12, plus 2 in stone tubs, 6 down the drive in black plastic tubs and 3 in borders. I've also said, "enough's enough!"

We've ordered these bare root to be delivered in November.

Eustacia Vye.
Olivia Rose Austin.
Roald Dahl.
Charles Darwin.
Desdemona.

All their roses can be seen on their website, but my wife prefers to look at a catalogue and tear out the pages of those she likes.

A friend who lives a few miles away in Timperley has said that the Wyevale near her has been finally taken over by Dobies, as was advised by e-mail a few weeks ago.

Shan't bother going this late in the year, if I want any "Christmas tat," I can get it on e-Bay.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom

Ask a Question