planning a garden

Reaction score
I would like to download a picture of a garden, trace (draw over it ) then remove the background photo.Does anyone know of a simple and easy software that will let me do that?

Reaction score
Adobe Photoshop would do the trick, but it's expensive software to buy if you're only going to need it once. Alternatively, there's a simple free, picture-editing software called Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program), which may well be able to do what you're looking for, provided you separated the background photo from the top traced-image using layers. You give the top layer a transparent background, draw your image, then select the bottom layer and delete it.
www.gimp.org

The alternative, would be to take the photo, trace it (either once it's printed or by holding up a piece of paper to your screen!), then scan in the image onto computer if that's where you need it.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. I notice you're new here, today. :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been playing with Paint, it is a free application and picMonkey is a good one also. This is an old post but if someone is still looking for something like this I hope this helps.

Reaction score
I must admit that i've never really planned this out but that's a great idea. I do know that I love a garden that looks very neat. My grandfather kept a garden in his backyard and I love the way that he use to have everything in neat little rows. I think preplanning is the way to go.

Ask a Question