Pineapple Lily question.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have pineapple lilies that I started a few years ago that grow and multiply very well, they also bloom very well. However, I’ve noticed that when they bloom most of the stalks tend to fall over and lay down. This is disappointing since they are such a beautiful flower. I have them planted by my front porch that gets lot of morning sun but becomes shady around 10-11am during the day. I live in zone 8a in SC. My question is are they not getting enough sunlight during the day or are they getting to much water. I have a small irrigation system set set up that waters @ 6:30am and 7:30pm during the hot/humid summer months we have here in SC. Not quite what I am doing wrong here so any help would be appreciated. I’ve also noticed that the purple foliage tends to fade to green as it matures is this common. I propagated these from my mother in law’s garden, I from what I’ve researched I think they are the “Joy’s Purple” variety. Thanks for any assistance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know little about these, but a neighbor gave me one a couple of years ago. That starts off purple in the spring -summer and fades to green.

Ask a Question