Pinched-shape leaves, normal? (Meyer lemon)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey folks,
Beginner here. My Meyer lemon tree has a collection of leaves that are growing with sections of the leaf pulled in. Hopefully these photos illustrate this clearly enough:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Is this a normal growth? Most of my other leaves look pretty usual. Just not sure what's normal deviation and what's not. Teach me! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey folks,
Beginner here. My Meyer lemon tree has a collection of leaves that are growing with sections of the leaf pulled in. Hopefully these photos illustrate this clearly enough:
View attachment 14389 View attachment 14390 View attachment 14391

Is this a normal growth? Most of my other leaves look pretty usual. Just not sure what's normal deviation and what's not. Teach me! :)
What is all that white stuff on the leaves? It looks a lot like the beginning of a mildew problem. Have you sprayed it with a soapy mixture? Is there plenty of air circulation? Is that white stuff all over or just the lower leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What is all that white stuff on the leaves? It looks a lot like the beginning of a mildew problem. Have you sprayed it with a soapy mixture? Is there plenty of air circulation? Is that white stuff all over or just the lower leaves.
White stuff is mineral deposit from the water used at the greenhouse. It's just calcium

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
White stuff is mineral deposit from the water used at the greenhouse. It's just calcium
Good. No it isn't normal. Mine curl upward during major temperature changes but those pinched leaves are more like what you see when spiders lay their eggs and then spin a web around them. You tree looks great. I wouldn't worry about it as it looks like only a few leaves are affected.

Ask a Question