Pilea Ruins

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Beverly Gardens is complete..Now time to start building the staircase ruins...This garden will be in 1/12 scale and have a 4 inch planting depth in the floor..And will measure 21inch x 21inch..16 inches from floor to second floor ceiling..I changed the design of the stairs to split off in both directions at first landing...And the stairs will have 2 columns at approach to staircase...These pictures are what im designing the garden from....
stairs.jpg
3249e7731e9e3a103426d07f091a94df.jpg
afae1ba05a9ace82262a84ad9d4fa8a5.jpg
singes3-M.jpg
tumblr_mxzd1ey5ZO1s7jtjoo1_500.jpg
IMG_8001.JPG
IMG_8004.JPG
IMG_8003.JPG
IMG_8002.JPG

Attachments

• stairs.jpg
    stairs.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 607
  • 3249e7731e9e3a103426d07f091a94df.jpg
    3249e7731e9e3a103426d07f091a94df.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 394
  • afae1ba05a9ace82262a84ad9d4fa8a5.jpg
    afae1ba05a9ace82262a84ad9d4fa8a5.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 341
  • singes3-M.jpg
    singes3-M.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 945
  • tumblr_mxzd1ey5ZO1s7jtjoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mxzd1ey5ZO1s7jtjoo1_500.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_8001.JPG
    IMG_8001.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_8003.JPG
    IMG_8003.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 349
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I read somewhere that this house is a replica of a real house. Do you know where the real house is? It looks like it could come from the southeastern part of the US, or maybe the UK. Any ideas?

Pilea Ruins...that is the name of the plant right? I took a look at some images, and it looks like this is the volunteer plant that is growing in my garden, that i plan to use in the "Beverly Garden". I'll send a photo. I think it is a different species than the one that you show here. It is an attractive, low-growing, deep green plant that spreads. A nice ground cover, tiny leaves, even tinier red flowers, maybe a succulent?

Pilea Ruins does look a bit complex, especially if you split the staircase. Looks like this ruin is going to be a challenge. Also have you tried 2 levels before? Well....no worries, i am sure you will do something spectacular.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It does look like an interesting project, what types of materials other than bricks do you use in the structure of your ruins?

Reaction score
Amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this project pans out in the end! Please keep those pictures coming :) This is the first time I see a member of the forum working in a project of this scale.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I read somewhere that this house is a replica of a real house. Do you know where the real house is? It looks like it could come from the southeastern part of the US, or maybe the UK. Any ideas?

Pilea Ruins...that is the name of the plant right? I took a look at some images, and it looks like this is the volunteer plant that is growing in my garden, that i plan to use in the "Beverly Garden". I'll send a photo. I think it is a different species than the one that you show here. It is an attractive, low-growing, deep green plant that spreads. A nice ground cover, tiny leaves, even tinier red flowers, maybe a succulent?

Pilea Ruins does look a bit complex, especially if you split the staircase. Looks like this ruin is going to be a challenge. Also have you tried 2 levels before? Well....no worries, i am sure you will do something spectacular.
Hi Beverly! Not sure what the name of the mansion just thought the stairs was so beautiful..I really didnt know what to name the project then looked down and there was the plant sitting there,Si it got the name..And would love to see some pictures of the plant...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It does look like an interesting project, what types of materials other than bricks do you use in the structure of your ruins?
For these projects there made entirely out of Extruded Polystyrene..There is not much tougher stuff than this...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this project pans out in the end! Please keep those pictures coming :) This is the first time I see a member of the forum working in a project of this scale.
Thank you! To be honest this is a small project on here..Just finished one that took a year to complete...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Finished the first flight of steps...Boy what a time it was trying to figure the math on this.! I had to sit back a few time and look at it crazy before I figured out what I was doing..So now the fun part of bending around and and heading up to the next landing..Wish me luck--> I will need it...
IMG_8005.JPG
IMG_8007.JPG
IMG_8009.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh, it is starting to look really interesting. Wow you matched the floor so well. I'd like to see the one that took a year to create!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Really, this is amazing, The stairs are looking so good. I guess the roof must be off by now (if there was a roof), then you will ruin some of the walls? I'm still trying to figure out where the planting boxes will be. Do you do a sketch of the structure as you want it and work from the sketch or work from the vision in your head?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Really, this is amazing, The stairs are looking so good. I guess the roof must be off by now (if there was a roof), then you will ruin some of the walls? I'm still trying to figure out where the planting boxes will be. Do you do a sketch of the structure as you want it and work from the sketch or work from the vision in your head?
That last picture on here if you look just right of the stair case on the floor you can just barely see the 4 inch planter hole under the tile..When Im finished and ready to plant we will fill the underneath of the floor with soil and cut the tile away for planting..There is going to be 3 trees 2 on the main floor and one on the right hand side on the second landing,there is also a place on the left side on the second landing for some type of miniature bush.The stair case itself is a planter box.And if you notice the bottom floors dont quite reach the walls,that space is for plants also..Then there will be about a hundred small planting captivates through out the structure..Its a very complicated build with lots of thought into plant placement...When finished you wont believe how open and beautiful this miniature garden will be...Almost forgot..There will not be a roof and almost all the walls will be removed...

Ask a Question