Philodendron Silver sword Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help i’ve had my Philodendron Silver sword cutting for a good couple months now and it’s been in a south facing window (Not too sunny as am in shetland haha) It started as a one leave cutting and started growing new leaves nicely well apart from the leaves getting smaller. However the latest leaves have all had issues of sticking whilst uncurling almost like it’s producing leaves faster than the plant can grow. I will add it’s growing in a humid room full of plants and a large open top fish tank which keeps humidity high.

Is there an easy solution to this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm not certain, but I don't think high humidity would be the problem. How cool does it get at night? Has the plant been fertilized recently?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i water with diluted fertiliser once weekly. It probably gets too cold at night thinking about it as the window lets in a bit of a draft.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exposure to cold might be the issue. Try to address that and see if it makes a difference.
Also keep an eye out for 'trapped' leaves. Sometimes when a plant gets a knot of deformed tissue at its growing point, some tissue must be pulled or cut away to free the newer leaves.

Ask a Question