Permaculture and your garden

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi!

I've been reading recently about permaculture. Permaculture is defined as a way to design things mimicking natural ecosystems and enhancing diversity. Essentially, it involves a paradigm shift from traditional management of plants and gardens to a more "nature-friendly" one.

Maybe there are other people here who have similar concepts for their garden. I wish to know about your resources and hopefully learn from each other. =)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have been using permaculture before I knew there was such a term. Just did it. Food forest is another term you might want to explore. Our neighborhood community garden uses Hugelkultur as well as a small food forest and the traditional raised and garden beds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Jewell, like you I've been practicing permaculture before I knew it had a name. It just seems like such a sensible way to garden. Around here grouping one variety of plants in a nice straight row is an open invitation to disease, rabbits, grasshoppers, and any passing varmints. Also, mixing the plants up makes harvesting more interesting (now, where did I put that eggplant?).

Ask a Question