Perennials ideas

D@ve

Canadian Cannabis and Gardening Nerd
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
So, I've taken over the father-in-laws yard and now I'm looking for perennial ideas. Basically I'm looking for something easy that looks good (I'm new to flowers, mainly veg). I'm Toronto - ish. I think gardening zone 6/7. I'm rebuilding beds, etc.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are so many possibilities. Photos of the planting site and some description of the light, soil, and planned watering schedule would help narrow down potential options. Also any preferences, no matter how slight, concerning flower color, plant size, etc. would also help keep plant suggestions accurate to your needs and wants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
As winter approaches, my suggestion would be to gather lots of garden books for some good couch research, and a nice pad of paper. Draw out your areas. Read about the plants, heights, blooming time etc. List them. Then in the spring you will be ready to search nurseries for your list. Haphazard planting can economically be a waste of money and time. Gardening and planning takes time.

Ask a Question