JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Does anyone know a site online to buy perennial seeds for cheap? I went to a few of the garden centers today and all had their seeds put away and Halloween stuff out. Odd since many seeds need to be planted in Fall.
I checked online and many are charging $4+ for a small packet of seeds. That's crazy when you can get them for $2 or under in the store.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Does anyone know a site online to buy perennial seeds for cheap? I went to a few of the garden centers today and all had their seeds put away and Halloween stuff out. Odd since many seeds need to be planted in Fall.
I checked online and many are charging $4+ for a small packet of seeds. That's crazy when you can get them for $2 or under in the store.
www.wildseedfarms.com

Reaction score

To be honest I've always found that most online seeds are generally quite a bit more expensive than those bought from garden centers and although I can't actually think of any online sites that are particularly cheap - as I tend to buy for quality of the seed and the guarantee that they will germinate - if you have no luck with the seed supplier that Chuck has recommended - I do have two sites - although not particularly cheap - that I can highly recommend.

However if it is only a few packets of seeds that you are after and as there is still plenty of time in which to sow them - it might - even though all the garden centers are full of everything other than garden items - be worth asking if they have any - especially as they normally do - just not on display - that is of course if you haven't done that already :)

Reaction score
The price of seeds is rising every year. Good quality seeds that are viable sometimes cost more than I believe they should. I have ordered seeds from Amazon.com with good luck. You can find unusual seeds there too.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I also discovered that our department of natural resources had links to various native plant seed suppliers and found a couple good ones there.

Ask a Question