Peppers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi
I have a Serrano and a chili pepper planted right next to each other. The Serrano is producing a lot of fruit. The Chili's flowers are falling off. I have plenty of bees. The soil and water conditions are obviously the same. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi
I have a Serrano and a chili pepper planted right next to each other. The Serrano is producing a lot of fruit. The Chili's flowers are falling off. I have plenty of bees. The soil and water conditions are obviously the same. Any ideas?
Different varieties of peppers grow and produce in different environments. It is probably too hot/cool or too humid or too dry/wet for the chili's. Peppers do not need pollinators such as bees to pollinate. What is the variety of chili pepper?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh. To shake the pollen up. I can try that. Thanks again. You are a wealth of knowledge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh. To shake the pollen up. I can try that. Thanks again. You are a wealth of knowledge.
If it is real humid where you are the pollen becomes sticky. Shaking the plant in the AM is probably better because the humidity isn't usually as high.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If it is real humid where you are the pollen becomes sticky. Shaking the plant in the AM is probably better because the humidity isn't usually as high.

That just tells me how different it is in Tarpley TX. It is just the opposite in Mobile. The humidity is much higher in the morning. Later in the day it lowers and temps go up. It was probably 99% this morning which is the norm for this time of the year. When I used to run, I could choose to run early in the morning for a long run with higher humidity vs later in the day when it was in the high 90's. I always chose the early morning. You would be sloshing around in your shoes after just a few miles.

Ask a Question