Peony Support

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How you y'all support your peonies? I tried searching online and see everything from fancy contraptions to just homemade strings and sticks. One site suggested cutting a tomato in half and then tying strings for support. Thanks in adavance for your suggestions.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I think the Grid support system is really good. As in placing the grid over the peony as it starts to grow then lifting it onto its support legs when the flower buds are about to open. That's the best supports I have seen without spending a fortune. It would not be to had to make it with some fresh willow stems or flexible wire
NYBGBronxNYYoest-5-1024x682.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I'll have to try this. I think I saw some like this on amazon.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
There is one with legs which could be raised as the peonies grow and flower.

Like this

upload_2018-2-25_7-17-17.jpeg

upload_2018-2-25_7-18-44.jpeg

images

About £1 sold here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I have seen tomato cages placed over the peonies when the peonies were quite low in height.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have my peonies planted in between Nandinas in my front yard, and next to a fence in my backyard, so mine don't need any additional support. They grow beautifully every year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I think the Grid support system is really good. As in placing the grid over the peony as it starts to grow then lifting it onto its support legs when the flower buds are about to open. That's the best supports I have seen without spending a fortune. It would not be to had to make it with some fresh willow stems or flexible wireView attachment 32763

That looks tidier than mine.

I've been using this square of weldmesh and some canes for the last twenty years.

P1030937.JPG

P1030938.JPG

Ask a Question