Pear tree problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. Attached is a photo showing what our pear tree leaves look like during the summer. We planted the tree 3 years ago and have had the issue from the beginning. It has never fruited and the leaves all fall off prematurely after getting covered in whatever is covering it. Pear leaf mites? Disease? Could a systemic work (assuming I do not eat any fruits it produces) ?

Attachments

• B24DA915-7876-4E1A-8F2A-7DC727BF3D14.jpeg
    B24DA915-7876-4E1A-8F2A-7DC727BF3D14.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks a lot like Fabraea fungus. Read the following link for more info.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to GF
I know that new pear trees need a few years to settle down. Don't know what the problem is. @Tetters might know.
I had no idea what this one was actually, but am always learning. Oh dear @Chuck oozing pimples :eek: - that`s enough to put me off my supper ....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I had no idea what this one was actually, but am always learning. Oh dear @Chuck oozing pimples :eek: - that`s enough to put me off my supper ....
It is fairly common in Texas. Most people, when their tree becomes infected, chop down the tree and start over with a variety that isn't as susceptible. It is a rather messy disease, just a little worse than corn smut.

Ask a Question