Peaches shriveled up. - ----help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
4 weeks ago, my peach tree had hundreds of ping-pong ball sized green peaches. Today..... they are marble sized brown and shriveled. Not sure what's going on. This would have been the first year I had a crop on this tree.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It sounds like it might be a Brown Rot Fungus (Monillinia spp.). Sanitation is important to help prevent another outbreak next year. Pick up and dispose of all shriveled fruit and other diseased plant parts to reduce the amount of overwintering spores. Sulfur spray applications are probably the best organic prevention method. There are also other petro-chemical fungicide options, some of which may require application by licensed professionals.

If possible, take samples and photos to your local agricultural inspector for their diagnosis and opinion of possible treatment options.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Now that you have brought it forward, peaches may take almost as much care as tomatoes. I have learned that I suspect the plants with rough or fuzzy surfaces to be magnets for problems, where slick or waxy surfaces seem to fair better unaided.

Ask a Question