Peach Leaf Issues

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Houston, TX and just planted two peach trees in containers. My Earligrande tree has some leaves that are turning brown and folding up (pictures attached). Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? And how to fix it?
Thanks!
FFE210E1-5C9E-47A6-88CB-0634D3696BAE.jpeg
B6F2432A-F000-45C1-ACFB-3CF4240A984F.jpeg
D436B312-9819-4C06-BBB5-715510704FEE.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Logan,

Yes we had about 1.5” last week. Since the trees are in containers I moved them into our garage until temperatures were back above freezing for good. I’d guess it was probably in the upper 30s in the garage at some points though. If it was the cold, do you know if the leaves would return to normal at some point?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The leaves that are affected will stay like that but the others should be alright. They could have got too warm in the garage as well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. Looking again today, it seems like most of the affected leaves are on new growth. This would make sense as these leaves would be more vulnerable to the elements. Would it be worthwhile to remove the damaged leaves? Or does it not really matter?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. Looking again today, it seems like most of the affected leaves are on new growth. This would make sense as these leaves would be more vulnerable to the elements. Would it be worthwhile to remove the damaged leaves? Or does it not really matter?
It all depends on how many leaves are affected, you could take off some of the worst ones. Here in the UK peaches aren't even growing yet.

Ask a Question