Peace Lily Problems.

Reaction score
I have a Peace Lily that we received as a gift. It was definitely too big for it's container so we repotted it. We had a few plants that went in a very large terra cotta pot together and two that went in a smaller pot together. The ones that went in the bigger pot are thriving, but the ones that we put in the smaller pot aren't doing so well. The leaves are turning brown, they are wilting, etc. I am doing everything for the smaller one that I am for the bigger one. What could the problem be and what do I need to do to fix it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear you've been having problems :( What is the other plant in the pot with the Peace Lily? and what kind of location is it in? It might have too much light or perhaps too much fertiliser if the leaves are going brown.

Reaction score
Lilies grow, bloom, and die off each year. Basically its a bulb and that is what bulbs do. For the one's that have turned brown, stop watering them. When the bigger ones start to turn brown do the same thing. You can leave them in the pot - cut off the brown foliage - in dry place until next February

Reaction score
Sorry, I had the wrong Peace lily. Your Peace lily is a really hardy plant that can endure much abuse. The main thing is that it does need to be watered regularly without drowning it. If the smaller plants look like they are still alive I would get a small pot for each and give them their own home. Don't over water them but give enough to get the soil wet.

Reaction score
Thank you both for the tips. Both the plants in the small pots are peace lilys. I just am worried, because they are not thriving the way the ones in the bigger pot are. I am going to move it to a slightly darker place after I trim off the dead foliage. If they still aren't pepping up I am going to try putting them each in their own small pots. I may have been over watering it, so I will cut back on that as well. Thank you both!

Ask a Question