Peace lilies leaves turning yellow.

Reaction score
Hi, can someone tell me why my peace lily leaves are turning yellow? Am I over watering? Usually I wait till I see the leaves kind of wilting then I water. But last week I noticed they were turning brown, so I asked someone at a local flower nursery and they said that I should maybe add a little more water in between seeing the leaves wilting. Anyway, I tried that and noticed the leaves turning yellow. I would appreciate any know how from someone who has had some experience or knows about peace lilies. Thanks:)

Reaction score
What worries me is that you are waiting till the leaves wilt before you water. This is bad practice. Your plant is suffering stress by adopting this habit.

It is good to know that there are particular water stages that a plant goes through. When a plant is under watered it moves on into the wilting stage. If the plant is still not watered it enters the critical point. A plant can be recovered if it's in the wilting stage but a plant is lost if it enters the final critical stage.

So to sum up, I suggest you start watering a little more and periodically.

Ask a Question