Pea plant problem?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
Recently I planted some pea seedlings in my elevated garden bed, but a few days ago I noticed that the leaves were turning quite ugly. I’m not too sure what the problem is, could someone help me figure it out? I’ve included a picture of some leaves I cut off from the plant.
Thank you
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
To be certain I need to see a close up picture of the entire plant but I am fairly sure you have a severe mite problem. Powdery mildew is another possibility. Spray in the early AM with Neem Oil

Reaction score
Country
United States
To be certain I need to see a close up picture of the entire plant but I am fairly sure you have a severe mite problem. Powdery mildew is another possibility. Spray in the early AM with Neem Oil
Hi, thanks for responding. I bought some Neem oil and will start using it. Do you think cutting the affected leaves will help the plant? Here are some more photos of the plant.

05CB0BC3-4E4C-4E40-AB7B-79EDF0B6C0E6.jpeg
7753289E-477C-4AD0-9125-3BD35F47C7BA.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for responding. I bought some Neem oil and will start using it. Do you think cutting the affected leaves will help the plant? Here are some more photos of the plant.

View attachment 89821View attachment 89822
Powdery mildew. PM is usually not a fatal disease. The plant needs all of the photosynthesis it can get and by removing leaves you will probably only be making the matters worse. Hot dry weather will help kill the pathogen and hot dry weather is what we will have. Do not overhead water and try to keep the leaves dry. Apply the neem again in 7 days.

Last edited:

Ask a Question