Patio Plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
While I admire homes with nice gardens and lawns, I think having plants in the patio adds a certain decor to any home. They do not have to be floral, just some nice potted plants like palms and other green shrubs. I have always thought of putting some plants in my patio, but have not gotten around to doing this yet.

Do you keep any plants in your patio? If so, what kind of plants are they?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I have containers of herbs on our patio. Our main herb garden is out by the barn, and I'm too lazy to go cut herbs there for use in the meal I'm in the middle of preparing. If they are close to the kitchen, I tend to use them more.Basil, chives, oregano, Mexican tarragon, sage, marjoram, and garlic chives are in containers. The perennials spend the winter in the barn on a shelf where they get sun and come back outside when the weather warms.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I have some herbs and also some succulents on my patio area. They're all in brightly colored pots, which I think gives the area a lot of life and vibrancy! Any house guests we have always say that the area looks so friendly and fun which is the vibe I am going for!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Honduras
The vast majority of my garden is on the ledge of my balcony. ;) I have a ton of mint (spearmint and peppermint), basil, strawberries, aloe, orange and lemon trees that I'll be trying bonsai with once they get slightly bigger, avocado sprouts, pineapples, and some red pepper sprouts. The last couple will get moved when they get too big, but they're all doing great so far! Here's a video I did recently if you want to see all of them:

I highly recommend mint, though. It's hardy and prolific and it's beautiful. Plus, you can pull off some leaves and make fresh mint tea! :D

Ask a Question