Passionfruit Fruit question

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in So Cal, and am trying to figure out issue i need to correct need to do for these vines to bear full fruit. Attaching photos below. I have to vines which are spaced 5 feet apart are healthy, get direct sun and flowering an have yellow fruit however its hollow and feel like a a deflated balloon when i open.

They are on a regular irrigation system cycle for watering.

Is is a pollination issue? if so, what can i do to fix?

Is it fertilizer? if so, then what?

Is it watering plan? or something else?

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm afraid I disagree, and don't think those plants look at all healthy. I think I would cut both plants down to start with and concentrate on improving the soil they are in. They need to go into a deep planting hole which has been well enriched with good organic fertiliser.
A drip watering system is not the best idea, and a good soak once a week would be best. ''Little and often'' is definitely NOT the best way to water. If they are to flower and fruit well they will need plenty of nourishment and plenty of warmth and sunshine.
If they start again from small with the right amount of feed I'm sure they'll do better for you.
Good luck, and welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm afraid I disagree, and don't think those plants look at all healthy. I think I would cut both plants down to start with and concentrate on improving the soil they are in. They need to go into a deep planting hole which has been well enriched with good organic fertiliser.
A drip watering system is not the best idea, and a good soak once a week would be best. ''Little and often'' is definitely NOT the best way to water. If they are to flower and fruit well they will need plenty of nourishment and plenty of warmth and sunshine.
If they start again from small with the right amount of feed I'm sure they'll do better for you.
Good luck, and welcome to the forums :)
Thanks for the reponse Tetters! Sorry I shouldve clarified better, they are are the sprinkler system, not drip. I can increase the watering. They get plenty of sunshine and warmth. Its flowering and growing fruit so what might be the reason the fruit is coming out like it is?

We fertilized at the beginning of Spring. and the plants have been established and planted 2-3 years ago by the prior home owner.

thanks for any and all follow ups

Ask a Question