Parrots

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
DSC04615.JPG
Capturing parrots in my camera has been the most difficult. They are agile, sharp and blend with the greenery around. It was one late evening that I could get these photos. They were busy on a dead area nut tree. There is not much of colour though

DSC04614.JPG
DSC04613.JPG
vlcsnap-2014-10-20-07h10m34s10.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have a few parrot photos; they appear at certain times of the year here and because they are not native create such a spectacle. Someone claims several birds got loose from a pet store a while ago... there was another legend about them I've now forgotten... but it's always a jolt to see them (you hear them first) congregating in a particular section of town.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Since I have many fruit trees parrots are regular visitors but it is diffocult to take pictures as they merge with the environment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I was visiting a friend in a neighboring parish about a week ago and I was tempted to try and take pictures of the parrots in his yard. He is an avid bird watcher and has feeders. If you hang feeders and set up at least one bird bath I'd bet you'd be able to get good pictures.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I was visiting a friend in a neighboring parish about a week ago and I was tempted to try and take pictures of the parrots in his yard. He is an avid bird watcher and has feeders. If you hang feeders and set up at least one bird bath I'd bet you'd be able to get good pictures.
Mine is a natural setting. Strangely they never come to the birdbath unlike so many other birds. I do not need to hang feeders as there are enough fruits for them on trees.

Ask a Question