Papaya leaf disease?

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hello, My beautiful papaya tree seems to have some disease. Look at the picture of some leaves I have cut off. But the symptoms appear on new leaves. Please help - what is it and how to solve? Thanks
Papaya Leaf 1.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hate to say it but it looks a lot like anthracnose. Spray with copper sulfate and clean the ground under the tree.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Thanks for your replies. I Googled Anthracnose and Downey Mildew and reviewing what I see in my garden, it looks more like Anthracnose. So I'm gonna order online for some "liquid copper" to try. Will update later what happens next. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I got one bottle each of liquid copper and Neem oil yesterday. Sprayed the copper solution this afternoon. Now waiting for results. Hope it works.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Sorry guys, the liquid copper didn't work. So now I've cut off the really badly diseased leaves and applied Neem oil to the leaves that have only small spots. Hope this works

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The Neem oil spray seems to slow down the spread of the disease, but doesn't eliminate it. I may end up totally removing this tree!

Ask a Question