Pansies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
These were planted last fall and many of them now have these spots. Other plants seem to be fine. I water twice a week, but not for very long as the neighbor tends to get it with his sprinkler too, but other plants do not have signs of over watering. Any ideas? Time to just rip them up and start over?
IMG_20190410_074615194.jpg
IMG_20190410_074618465.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Wet and hot temps is usually what causes the black spots on Pansies. I've not had to deal with that problem here where I live but I understand that chemical control is the best bet to get rid of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Pansies come out now for early window box or planters for color. I am a mediocre fan of them. Sometimes I "waste" my money on them, some years I don't. I find they just get leggy come end of May, have to then just pull them out of pots and put in the ground where they are on their own. Most years I will avoid getting them and wait until Mid May to get other annuals for potting up, those will last longer till end of October and look so much better, a money worth spending. As of now, have not bought them, not going to this year. And my TIME.

Ask a Question