Palm looks like it's dying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Please would you be able to assist with some advice, I have a Palm and it looks as though it may be dying, I have made sure that I don't over water it but some of the leaves are yellowing and otheres look like they are drying up.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 128
Reaction score
Country
United States
To thrive indoors, your palm needs six to eight hours of bright light per day. When growing majesty palm indoors its best to never let the soil dry completely. Two possibilities, not enough light, or not enough water, will cause yellow leaves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Oneeye, I will try giving the plant some more water as the soil does seem a bit dry.

Reaction score
Country
United States
One eye is right. Many people are only able to keep majesty palms by moving them to patios for enough light. If that is an option, plan to increase water and monitor it closely for pests, especially the dreaded spider mite. In fact...did you look closely for mites already? They love palms and cause yellowing. I do not keep palms indoors, after throwing out the last one with mites I divorced palms from inside my home. They seem to attract mites, so to protect my plant collection they are outside only for me.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
To thrive indoors, your palm needs six to eight hours of bright light per day. When growing majesty palm indoors its best to never let the soil dry completely. Two possibilities, not enough light, or not enough water, will cause yellow leaves.
not enough light with heavy watering

Ask a Question