Paddle plant / kalanchoe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! My recently acquired paddle plant's red tips are dry and curling. Is this a normal part of its life cycle or should I be worried? The soil is slightly moist to the touch, but the issue started before I watered it thinking it was thirsty sheet the long hot weekend
Thanks!
IMG_20190830_191917585.jpg
IMG_20190830_191909909_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
That is not good. Three things they don’t like are cold weather. Wet feet and too much direct sunlight. Did your plant experience any of these conditions recently?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, if anything I moved it from a place with less sun onto the windowsill once the leaves curled, thinking it was due to a lack of sunlight. The soil at the bottom of the pot was dry when I watered it. The weather here has been very hot (26-30 degrees Celsius) so I don't think cold is an issue...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @SuPo. It would be useful if you could upload a smaller photo of the whole plant to get a good general view. Generally, this is an easy plant to care for. It needs plenty of light but not direct sunlight. I think it has been left to dry out before you bought it, and that is probably what has caused the problem.
I would remove all the damaged leaves, and maybe cut the plant back a bit, only water it at intervals - they don't like over watering at all. If you do cut it back you can make cuttings out of the bits you remove as they root quite easily, then you'll have some extra babies too.

Ask a Question