OXALIS...be gone?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Does any one know how to get rid of oxalis?:mad::confused::eek:
I have recently been told that apparently by cutting it off rather than pulling it out, which I know spreads the seeds, will eventually work. Has anyone tried this method?
Oxalis really is such a menace I don't want to risk just cutting it and leaving it in case it gets even worse :eek:. At least by pulling it out it's gone for a while.:rolleyes:
Poisoning is difficult because it grows in under plants, very sneaky:mad:! It even has as pretty flower:confused:, even sneakier pretending it's not a weed:cautious:.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well I once started a garden in an area where a huge amount of yellow flowering weeds were growing and I was told it was Oxalis. I discovered that it grows from a very small bulb very deep in the soil. In order to eliminate the oxalis I had to dig down and sift every bit of soil to get rid of the bulbs, else they would just keep sprouting up. It was a LOT of work but it did the job, and I ended up with a nice garden. Good luck to you. ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Sad to say, it is one of the most persistent and pernicious of weeds, and a world-wide problem. All you can do is paint the leaves with weedkiller (Glyphosate) where ever you find it. And do not let it flower!. The seed pods are explosive and spread the seeds far and wide.

Ask a Question