Out for a new plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hey all, Im looking to get a new indoor plant. The most important thing to me, is that it grows fast. I dont know why, but theres something satisfying about watching a living being grow and thrive in your care. 2nd most important thing is that it propogates easily. The 3rd, and final one that really matters to me, is that it isnt too easy to kill.

I was considering some sort of Ivy, as they grow fast and I believe you can propogate them with cuttings, but I heard they were easy to kill

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Maybe an aloe vera, it does not grows as fast as you are looking for but they are hard to kill, easy to propagate, and it has a wide range of medicinal uses, and it looks good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Maybe an aloe vera, it does not grows as fast as you are looking for but they are hard to kill, easy to propagate, and it has a wide range of medicinal uses, and it looks good.
Already have 2. I think I may have killed them, though. Only watered them once or twice over a month soan and the roots are rotten. Guess its a learning experience. One might pull through but I dont have high hopes for the other.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dracaena is a good choice. I have 2 or 3 or them with variegated leaves. Beautiful and elegant. Mother in law's tongue is also a good choice. @Vishu1708 said it gave out oxygen at night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You're in Canada? I'm in California but my Asparagus ferns did great during the colder months, I would recommend them to anyone in a cold climate. Just keep them in small pots because they like to be a bit rootbound.

Ask a Question