Our Buick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
My Mother in laws birthday was December 20th. For 1984 Mom and Dad went to the local Buick dealer Dec. 18th and ordered a new LeSabre.

When it came in it was sent to Rusty Jones to be rust proofed, delivered to Mom as it was her car on Feb 2nd.
I and my future wife stoped in on Febuary 3d to see the folks, I saw the car and fell in love. Today I tell people I married my wife to keep a close eye on the car and get it if they were going to sell or trade it off.

Long story how mom refused to drive or ride in it after it got 50,000 miles so it became dads car.

Fast forward to August 2016 and mom finally sold me the car.
It was no longer the beautiful car I fell in love with by then but for some one who has had a many year love affair you over look the minor imperfections time has produced.

By August 2016 the paint was not all shiny any longer it was pitted cracked and stained. I loved her never the less.

h6CtK8O.jpg

This was the most rusted area of the car.

We took her to car shows all 2017 asking people to recommend auto painters. One name kept come out Dave Dillon of Unionville Mi.
It spent from late Oct 2017 to April 1 2018 in Daves shop AKA beauty parlor.

6s1Nk5j.jpg
[/url]

When we got her back she was even more beautiful than that day I first saw her in 1985.
She was shiny once again, reflecting light and more.

mgD9TGG.jpg

3LrYIuv.jpg
LpzgvsZ.jpg

This summer we have won many awards with her. Our first show in April we got a top 25.

A peoples choise award a 3 foot trophy.
rEH8GsA.jpg

A top ten.
vV97KYO.jpg

Another top ten.

And yesterday a first place in class. Best restored or non restored 1975 to 1985.

:D Al

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Thank you.

We really enjoy going to shows even when we don't get an award. Makeing a lot of new friends.
The car rides like a dream and for a car of that year we enjoy 21 MPG driving to shows and back home.
I would imagin I could get better on a trip with out so many stops and starts and idleing.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
You have to be committed to maintaining a car like that, both physically and cash wise. My family car was an old Triumph 2000 for a few years but with a young family at the time was proving too expensive to maintain so I passed her on to my brother.

Ask a Question