Oriental lily bulbs delivered

Reaction score
Country
United States
Today is June 22. I just received the oriental lily bulbs that I ordered online. Is it too late to plant them? I live in Pittsburgh, Zone 6B.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If these are similar enough to Asiatic lilies (a hybrid of about 10 different species), they'll be incredibly tough. I have mine in containers in zone 7A, but last year something got in to one of the containers and dug a big hole, knocking all of the bulbs and stems everywhere! I tucked them back in and covered them back up... they did just fine.

If you just have bulbs then they won't bloom this year; one of my pots have already bloomed and another has buds that are about to bloom. So there's not enough time for them to come up, but they should survive for next year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@csdude55 ,thank you for the info. I have a collection of Asiatic and Oriental lilies crammed in a bed and I am actually running out of space. I was thinking of growing some in containers but I wasn't really sure about it. I will try growing some in containers this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
@csdude55 ,thank you for the info. I have a collection of Asiatic and Oriental lilies crammed in a bed and I am actually running out of space. I was thinking of growing some in containers but I wasn't really sure about it. I will try growing some in containers this year.
One lady I worked for had planted her own Asiatic lilies in pots and they continue to grow.

Ask a Question