Orchid

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi Everyone! In this year’s spring, I would Say May… i’ve pollinated an orchid witch ended up in having a seed sacket i think… and this Little sack was destroing my orchid to the point of her dying… and today i’ve decided to cut that sack and It popped OPEN and is having inside something yellow and puffy… now my orchid is in Bad shape and i want to save her So please help me

Attachments

• A4281FAA-862E-432B-883E-BEB868444B8B.jpeg
    A4281FAA-862E-432B-883E-BEB868444B8B.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 30
  • 291A50D9-7EEE-4C60-B825-42ACCD9EE29A.jpeg
    291A50D9-7EEE-4C60-B825-42ACCD9EE29A.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 25
  • D9AD40E3-BFD1-4AB2-92EC-30C9B1736540.jpeg
    D9AD40E3-BFD1-4AB2-92EC-30C9B1736540.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

The seed pod is not the cause of your Moth Orchid's (Phalaenopsis cv.) poor health. The yellow dust inside the seedpod are minute orchid seeds. By the way, growing orchids from seed, in cultivation, is not easy and requires sterile conditions and special equipment.

Anyway, about your sickly orchid. The leaves are shriveling due to a lack of water. This is due either to the plant being underwatered, or, more likely, it is being watered too often and/or the pot and bark media are not draining well enough. Overwatering/poor drainage will lead to rot that will not allow the plant to take up water.

Phalaenopsis are epiphytic orchids that grow in on tree branches in wet, tropical areas of Asia and the western Pacific. ThIs mean that they want fairly frequent watering, but it also means they need excellent drainage.

First several questions.
How often do you water your orchid? Do you water it fully so that water flows through the pot?
I notice you use saucers. Do you always drain the saucers after watering, or do you let the plants sit in a puddle of water?
What does the orchid''s roots and growing media look like? Are the roots greenish-silver and firm or are they discolored?
Is the orchid's bark media firm a separate pieces, or is it turning into decomposed mush?
Examine the roots and bark carefully, you many need to unpot the orchid to get a good look.

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi! Thank you for answering! I water them once a Week every sunday and once a month i give them special fertiliser, when i water them, i let the water drain and then i put the pot in a saucer. I’ve never changed Thier substrat because i know that they grow on trees. The roots are in diferent colors, some of them al silverish green and orher are yellowish green or a very light brown.. and when It rains I Take them outside and let them a couple of ours to enjoy the rain water, then i tok them inside and put them on their place without excess water

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fair enough. Your care sounds reasonable, but the plant is still showing signs of stress. Often the oldest orchid leaf will shrivel before dropping off, but your plant is showing signs of shriveling on several leaves. The newest leaf still looks healthy.
You might try repotting the orchid in fresh bark. Cut off dead roots when you do. Good luck with this.

Ask a Question