Only 1 Tomato Wilting?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have three tomato plants, 2 cherry and 1 regular. The regular tomato plant has suddenly started wilting a lot. I was fairly certain it was a watering issue, given the heat and the fact that it recovered last night when it got cooler. However after dumping tons of water on it over the past 24 hours it hasn't perked up. Plus the other two tomatos in the same raised bed are doing perfectly fine with no watering at all. There doesn't seem to be anything on the leaves indicating a virus or bacteria.

Attachments

• 16248986773004800098311049104227.jpg
    16248986773004800098311049104227.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 44
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with the plant. It is just water logged. If it recovered during the night it did not need watering. Just leave it alone until it recovers.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
There is nothing wrong with the plant. It is just water logged. If it recovered during the night it did not need watering. Just leave it alone until it recovers.

Not sure - the leaves got ripped up from how weak they got from wilting. And its recovering less tonight than it did last night. And like I said, it's strange that everything else in the garden is fine but the one tomato plant is suffering despite being hot climate plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not sure - the leaves got ripped up from how weak they got from wilting. And its recovering less tonight than it did last night. And like I said, it's strange that everything else in the garden is fine but the one tomato plant is suffering despite being hot climate plants
How did leaves get ripped up from just drooping? Is it yellowing? Or is it just sitting there looking droopy?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How did leaves get ripped up from just drooping? Is it yellowing? Or is it just sitting there looking droopy?

Super super droopy, like the leaves turn in to wet paper towel. The lower leaves seem to be yellowing a bit.

Ask a Question