One Random Spot Of Course Grass

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
When we moved here back in the fall, I noticed there is one random spot of grass that looks different than the rest. It never grows as high as the rest and it feels more course than the rest. In the fall, it was green just like the rest of the grass, but now it is light brown and appears to be dead while the rest of the grass is still green. What exactly does this mean? Would it have been dying in the fall and that's why it looked and felt different? Or, do you think it is just an area where a different type of grass seed was sown? Even when it was green, it kind of crunched when we walked on it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's probably a different variety - I'm guessing that the previous residents had a bare patch that they filled in with seed. How big is the patch?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would say about 3 feet across both ways. I need to ask my inlaws about it because they have owned this property for years. Although, they did rent it out for awhile and the renters may have patched a piece in the yard they had damaged without telling my inlaws about it.

Ask a Question