One fig at a time?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is it typical for one fig to ripen at a time? Don't get me wrong; It makes a good breakfast treat, but I'm hoping to be able to freeze a bunch of them for winter. The tree is easily 7-8 ft tall in it's 5th year and it's loaded with green fruit. I believe it's a brown turkey fig tree I'm in Southeast Coastal Georgia

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It isn't unusual during the first part of the figs ripening process. Not all of the green figs were set at the same time but as time goes by more and more of them will ripen in a relatively short period of time. This is also the most important time of the year to maintain proper moisture content.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well that's been somewhat difficult in that we've been having rain every day for a couple of weeks! I know they prefer less watering but, as so many things are, that's out of my control!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well that's been somewhat difficult in that we've been having rain every day for a couple of weeks! I know they prefer less watering but, as so many things are, that's out of my control!
That's part of the thrill of gardening. No matter what you do or how good you do it, something will happen to screw things up.

Ask a Question