One Color Gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Would you like to have a garden that has all the flowers in just one color?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Different plants with blue flowers could include hydrangeas, caryopteris, and campanula.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Not intending to offend anyone. I have visited a few stately gardens here in the UK, where, basically this idea has been put into practice. Sections have been planted up with single coloured flowers. YUCK!

Reaction score
Country
United States
A garden bed or container planted in a limited colour palette can sometimes be very visually striking, but usually in my garden ecological benefit or botanical interest holds sway over pure aesthetics. I do seem to have a tendency to select plants with blue, purple or red flowers, but I also grow many plants with yellow, orange, pink, white, brown, and green flowers too.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I am doing my best to make a large bed with predominately white flowers dressed up a little with pink ones. I am finding that quite a challenge. It is one year in now from digging the grass out. I will persevere for another year (God willing) and see how it goes. It is a predominately shady bed with shallow and dry areas near trees.

Ask a Question