OMG....Where to start

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20161031_051145.jpg
This is my veggie patch or i should say was my veggie patch. Haven't touched it for about a yearI due to heslth " isssuews"'.but did start a special type, I forgot the name, in one section in April this year,. I was inspred by a post Beverly put on but the day i started it my lovely cat, Pearl, died. Still makes me sad. I do have another very lovely kitten, Polly sleeping on my lap now and she is a great comfort., However the veggie garden is another matter. And would you believe i have actually pulled out the very tall weeds:confused:. i have a longish narrow above ground veggie patch i have worked.on recently but this area really has got me beat. I'll just have to adopt my approach when i first started gardening , do a patch at a time and look at what you've done, not what you haven't done.;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
look at what you've done, not what you haven't done is certainly the right approach. Our vegetable gardens got ahead of us this year, due to the unusually heavy spring rains. We are just now getting them cleaned out. I do believe you have pulled the tall weeds, and will get your patch ready to plant, with Polly's encouragement, of course. Do what you can, when you can, and don't worry about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@DeborahJane , your garden looks like a beautiful park. You know the space between the Rosemary bushes? Fill it in with some vegetables. Who says that a vegetable garden has to be all in one place? Can't vegetables be grown all over the place? Vegetables are beautiful. I can remember when i grew my first eggplant ... it was beautiful and edible. You can begin this way and then work on your official vegetable garden when you get the time...a few vegetables at a time as you grow the space. In the meantime decide what vegetables you want the most, start with one and just plop it down in some space that needs filling. It (they) can be growing while you work on a more permanent space for them.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
this area really has got me beat... (snip)... do a patch at a time and look at what you've done, not what you haven't done.;)
That area may have you beaten...for now...but I do not believe that you will allow it to beat you for long! You will grab a shovel or a rake or some other implement of destruction, and beat it back, I'm sure of it!! (y)

DeborahJane,
patience is a virtue... ;) I know, I know, you want it done, you want it done NOW, and yesterday would have been better!! :ROFLMAO:

As @marlingardener said, "Do what you can, when you can, and don't worry about it."

In the meantime decide what vegetables you want the most, start with one and just plop it down in some space that needs filling.
Echoing Beverly, work on it a few vegetables at a time.

Of the vegetables you want to grow, what needs to go in the ground first ? Where do you want them? Have you decided what you want growing up the trellis? ( Trellis. :love: )

:oops: Where are the Rosemary bushes?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
That area may have you beaten...for now...but I do not believe that you will allow it to beat you for long! You will grab a shovel or a rake or some other implement of destruction, and beat it back, I'm sure of it!! (y)

DeborahJane,
patience is a virtue... ;) I know, I know, you want it done, you want it done NOW, and yesterday would have been better!! :ROFLMAO:

As @marlingardener said, "Do what you can, when you can, and don't worry about it."

Echoing Beverly, work on it a few vegetables at a time.

Of the vegetables you want to grow, what needs to go in the ground first ? Where do you want them? Have you decided what you want growing up the trellis? ( Trellis. :love: )

:oops: Where are the Rosemary bushes?
I have rosemary hedges around the bbq area and also in front of the above ground veggie garden. l did try growing beans up the trellis a year so ago MaryMary but they were pretty tough. Maybe I could try a different type.
rps20161109_175836.jpg

Ask a Question