Olive tree peacock spot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I bought an olive tree in March. It's a more mature one so wasn't cheap! It has developed peacock spot and I'm struggling to understand how to treat it. I have sprayed it with a copper mixture already. The peacock spots are still appearing. Will all the older leaves get infected and drop off? Also fruit is budding so should I pinch off the fruit to allow the plant the best chance of recovery? Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
United States
You need two sprays a year to keep it in check. Here in the US the trees need spraying in Nov. and again in Feb. every year. Leave the fruit so you don't stress the tree anymore than you need to. Keep all the leaves that drop off the tree picked up to help keep the spores at a minimum. Keep the soil around the base of the tree aerated and loose all the way out to the drip-line. Use a hand cultivator or a fork on the soil after every rain or watering. Lastly don't let over head sprinklers hit the leaves or hit the leaves when watering by hand.

Ask a Question