Olive problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20171123_092603.jpg
20171123_092603.jpg
We have an Olive in a container in a sunny aspect. Just recently its leaves have started yellowing and some dropping off. Initially i though it may be due to wet roots but have checked and this doesnt seem to be the case. So im wondering if is nutrient deficiency - it is a bit pot bound but not completely. 2 photos attached. Any thoughts gratefully recieved. Thanks

Attachments

• 20171123_092626.jpg
    20171123_092626.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 236
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 29822 View attachment 29822 We have an Olive in a container in a sunny aspect. Just recently its leaves have started yellowing and some dropping off. Initially i though it may be due to wet roots but have checked and this doesnt seem to be the case. So im wondering if is nutrient deficiency - it is a bit pot bound but not completely. 2 photos attached. Any thoughts gratefully recieved. Thanks
Have you taken a close look at the underside of the yellowing leaves. This looks more like insect damage to me. Also, do the yellow leaves turn brown and stay on the tree or do they fall off?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have you taken a close look at the underside of the yellowing leaves. This looks more like insect damage to me. Also, do the yellow leaves turn brown and stay on the tree or do they fall off?
I forgot to say that it also looks like a nitrogen deficiency. Google nitrogen deficiency on plants pictures and you will see some pics that look a lot like your problem

Ask a Question