Oleander leaves curling and browning, help :(

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I planted 4 oleanders last year here in central Texas and they grew perfectly and filled in exactly as I had hoped with little effort. Now that spring is here all of the sudden all 4 plants have started showing leaf curling and brown spots mainly on the tops. Today I checked and even new growth plants coming up out of the ground are showing it too. I don't know a lot about oleander and was hoping someone could tell me what is wrong with them and what I should do? Please see pictures below, thank you for any help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello all, I planted 4 oleanders last year here in central Texas and they grew perfectly and filled in exactly as I had hoped with little effort. Now that spring is here all of the sudden all 4 plants have started showing leaf curling and brown spots mainly on the tops. Today I checked and even new growth plants coming up out of the ground are showing it too. I don't know a lot about oleander and was hoping someone could tell me what is wrong with them and what I should do? Please see pictures below, thank you for any help!

View attachment 51982View attachment 51983
I hate to say this but it appears your oleanders have Bacterial Leaf Scorch. This disease hit Texas oleanders about 10 years ago. Most reputable nurseries have stopped selling them. There is no cure AFAIK. It is caused by a leaf hopper insect. I would have your county extension agent take a look to make sure

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's what I was afraid of. Guess I will just have to replace them. Is there any way to prevent it?

Ask a Question