Old picture

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This photo was taken several years back when we were blessed with plenty of rainfall at the right time. This year the rain has not been as abundant and I'm ashamed to show one of what it looks like currently, but with lots of tlc maybe it will come around.
M1010001_zpsti9uos5o.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Or you might need to introduce drought-resistant lawn grass.. The lawn was lovely. ;):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello trashcancarla,

The lack of water and the heat seems to be covering the length of N America, we're having the same problem up here in Alberta. Just read that water restrictions are in effect south of my city and my neighbour 2 doors down got his bill in the mail yesterday, $300 for the water and using his air conditioner last month.

Should things change, your grass will come back in no time. Global Calgary says western Canada will remain a sizzler through August, so I will continue watering.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
$300 .. old dear! That's quite a lot, @johnny canoe . Thank heavens it isn't your bill.

In southern Europe, people are dying from heat .. 41c in Sicily .. No laughing matter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Crazy how things are. We've had a wet and cool August. My lawn needs a desperate mowing, but each day when it starts to dry out we get another rain storm through. I haven't had to water in two weeks. Normally we're hot and dry with humidity in the low teens. Not this year. Not meaning to brag, it's just crazy how fickle weather is.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This is the longest into the season my grass has remained this green in the 22 years I've owned this property. A lot of rain and cool temps this season.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
yup, weather is indeed fickle.

nice to have green grass in August!

DSCF4009 (3).JPG

Ask a Question