Okra leaves affected..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Does anyone have an idea as to what’s happening to my okra ?Various plants go from “NO issues” to doing this in what seems like in the blink of an eye. Would love to stop it in its tracks.

Attachments

• 235DA485-D6A2-4674-A3A9-8782C0FC478D.jpeg
    235DA485-D6A2-4674-A3A9-8782C0FC478D.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 11

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
I had two of mine do the same for 2-days. I kept watering, figured I pull them.....
On day 3, they looked good. No idea why.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I had two of mine do the same for 2-days. I kept watering, figured I pull them.....
On day 3, they looked good. No idea why.
Ours have been doing this sporadically for about a month. Water has not been an issue during this time frame. I'll remove the affected leaves and may go 4-7 days, maybe 2-3 days (like I said, "Sporadic") before it rears its ugly hard again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see some pretty big bug bites at the top of the leaf. Maybe some sort of bacterial infection or virus. If it isn't coming from the soil it is coming from the bug bites. My assumption is the bug bites. I think I would remove the affected leaf immediately. June bugs or japanese beetles or grasshopper may be the offender.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I see some pretty big bug bites at the top of the leaf. Maybe some sort of bacterial infection or virus. If it isn't coming from the soil it is coming from the bug bites. My assumption is the bug bites. I think I would remove the affected leaf immediately. June bugs or japanese beetles or grasshopper may be the offender.
That truly is another issue. I am, almost, constantly looking for the culprits and have not found a single leaf eater during the day. Thought it might be slugs at night, bit no slime trails.

Ask a Question