OK to plant 4ft persimmon tree now in zone 8b?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a 4 ft persimmon tree coming from Willis Orchards soon. If I understood the representative, it seems like it's OK to plant the tree even now? Am I understanding the situation? I thought I would have to wait until Spring, but if I can plant it now, I will. It seems risky to plant when I'm not sure what kind of winter we'll have, but if that's the best, I will. What do you all think?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a 4 ft persimmon tree coming from Willis Orchards soon. If I understood the representative, it seems like it's OK to plant the tree even now? Am I understanding the situation? I thought I would have to wait until Spring, but if I can plant it now, I will. It seems risky to plant when I'm not sure what kind of winter we'll have, but if that's the best, I will. What do you all think?
I am in 8a and would say now is the perfect time given it is also the beginning of our rainy season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Since a persimmon is a deciduous tree it is just now going into dormancy and the best time to plant trees is when they are dormant.

Ask a Question