Oh no frost advisory!

Reaction score
Usually here in NJ they say by the 15th of May we are safe to plant outside. So we were having nice days and the coldest of nights were in the 50s. I looked at the week ahead last Monday and the 7 day forecast had shown the lowest night temp being 52 so I planted the plants last Monday (being the 15th is this Wednesday.)

Yeah well now we are in a frost advisory tonight and tomorrow night (of course this was just out of the 7 day forecast when I planted them last week.) :oops: I did get mulch today but wasn't able to put it down today, going to do it tomorrow. Hoping the plants will be ok, I covered them with old planters I had laying around. Of course some of the planters had some soil in them, but I did shake most of it out. Don't think the loose soil will fall on the plants and I will be tending to them in the late morning tomorrow.

They can handle a cold night or 2 if they are covered from frost, right? It has been 60s and 70s here until tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be almost 60 but then cold at night again. Then it will be in the 70s again.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a late frost forecast too, I've already planted my beans out so will have to cover them.

What have you planted out?

Reaction score
I had planted my tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers before this frost. My strawberries come back every year so they stay in the ground and are pretty good with a couple cool nights.

I covered them with old plastic planters that I had from a couple years ago. They survived great! I was a little worried about my cucumbers tho because they were a bit droopy today but they perked up by early afternoon.

Ask a Question